Sunday, July 26, 2015

Long day

I woke up and I was still alive from the animals that were all around me that night, but I had 135 miles to ride to get to my Warmshowers host. I rode all day and didn't stop much that day. I left Minnesota and entered Wisconsin. Route 2 (the road I have pretty much ridden from Seattle) combined with a highway and it was fast and busy just outside superior, WI. The bridge I was going to cross on was under construction, so I thought I would just ride on it until I could ask someone if I could go across. I never hit anyone on the bridge, so I just rode it the whole way across and it was a little sketchy, there were small metal bridges I had to go over which looked straight down at least 100ft to the water... But I got across and was still about 20 miles from my host. I rode and rode and when my gps said I was there, I couldn't find the correct house number. I called Scott and realized I was on the wrong road, I was on county road E and I should have been on county road P... So Scott drove the 6 miles to come and pick me up because it was 10pm and completely dark out. Scott and his wife, Holly, were excellent hosts. They had dinner waiting for me and they allowed me to do some laundry and shower up. They used to host their nephew and his hockey friends, so they're used to having a lot of people over. We had so w great conversations and Scott gave me a very generous check for "Cycle to Recycle" when I left in the morning. There was also a guy from Germany there, he is also biking across the country. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment